Baptist Fellowship Center
1351 CATALPA STREET
LOUISVILLE, KY 40211
PHONE: (502) 774-2734
The Baptist Fellowship Center, which is the oldest Baptist outreach ministry in the Louisville area, was founded in 1914 as a joint effort between the Long Run Baptist Association and the Central District Baptist Association. Since it was founded, the BFC has sought to fulfill three main goals: to reach people for Christ, to meet the needs of the community, and to strengthen the local church. The programs and departments of the BFC are designed to achieve these goals.
Rev. Damon Arnstead, Executive Director
Ms. Judy Drummond, Administrative Assistant
ACTION : WAYS YOU CAN HELP - MATERIAL NEEDS
DONATE new or used clothing (all sizes), shoes in good condition and new underwear to be distributed through the BFC’s Clothes Closet to families in need. The Clothes Closet is open daily
- COLLECT food (canned meats, vegetables, and fruits; cereal, pasta, peanut butter, dried beans, crackers, etc.) for the BFC’s Food Pantry. We provide about a one-week supply of food to families in our community who need food on an emergency basis.
- BASIC SCHOOL SUPPLIES are distributed each August to approximately 600 needy students in our community . Supplies can be donated year round for this annual distribution event.
- PROVIDE TOILETRY ITEMS such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, disposable razors, lotion and combs.
- FOOD FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS FOOD BASKETS is collected each fall and distributed to around 75 families for each holiday. BFC also collects information from families to be “adopted” for Christmas in which each member of the family is given Christmas gifts.
ACTION: WAYS YOU CAN HELP - VOLUNTEER NEEDS
- TEAMS to lead VBS type activities with Summer Day Camp for one of the six weeks of camp. About 50 children aged 6-12 attend the six-week program.
- GROUPS to help with general maintenance, repair and painting of the BFC facility.
- INDIVIDUALS to serve as receptionists to help answer phones and greet people as they come into the Center.
- PEOPLE to help sort and hang clothing donations in the Clothes Closet.
Staff from the Baptist Fellowship Center are available to come and speak with your church group about the mission and ministries of the BFC.